By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health Coral Springs is stepping up precautions to keep patients, visitors, and caregivers safe from the possible spread of COVID-19 – or coronavirus — by altering their visitor protocols starting March 12.
Visitors will be welcomed from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week; however, each patient will only be allowed one visitor per day, and it must be the same person during the established morning and evening hours. Pediatric and maternity patients may have up to two visitors per day.
Visitors who are experiencing cold or flu symptoms are asked to refrain from visiting patients. Also, they are asking visitors who have traveled to China, Japan, South Korea, Italy, or Iran in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has traveled to these countries to defer their visits.
As always, all visitors will be greeted and registered at the security desk before visiting any patients. Visitors should expect a question-based screening to ensure they meet current visitor criteria.
Prior to visiting hospitals, ambulatory/urgent care centers or doctors’ offices, individuals with COVID-19 symptoms, which include shortness of breath, cough, and fever, should call their primary care physician or the Florida Department of Health Broward County at 954-467-4700.
A patient’s doctor or the Department of Health can advise whether that individual should be tested and then, if necessary, coordinate with first responders and hospitals to isolate the patient safely. According to Broward Health, this process is in place to safeguard the community.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution