By Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward League of Cities is looking for high school seniors to apply for its 2015 Scholarship for Government Studies who plan to pursue a major in public administration, political science or other government-related field.
The League will be awarding $1,000 scholarships to five outstanding students from around the County. Applicants must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
But you have to act fast, because applications and essays are due on February 11, 2015.
The scholarships are open for all Broward County High School Seniors, said Shelley Eichner, Senior VP of Calvin, Giordano & Associates, who spoke on behalf of the League of Cities.
It isn’t just students that want a career in public administration that have applied, said Eichner, “We’ve had students that want to go into law, journalism, work at the UN, run for the US Senate, and work for disadvantaged youth.”
Once the applications are due on February 11, if the student is selected as a finalist, they must be available for an interview on March 14. If selected as a scholarship recipient, student will be invited to be recognized during an awards ceremony at the Broward League of Cities General Membership Meeting and dinner on Thursday, April 16, 2015.
To apply for the scholarship, any Coral Springs high school senior need to read the eligibility requirements and download the application. Apply here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.18Spring 2022 Softball Registration Open until January 31
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’