By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades boys basketball teams ended a five-game losing streak with a 54-47 win over Pompano Beach High School on January 31.
Leading the senior class is Bryan Etienne, who has gained national attention after his fantastic season, including scoring 30 points against J.P. Taravella High School on January 19 before topping that with 34 against Western High School days later.
Etienne scored 19 points in four of his last six games and had a double-double against Miramar High School on January 21.
“He’s been reading the defense better and attacking the rim without just settling for the jumper and finishing better,” said Head Coach Nicolas Carr. “He also has been able to get to the free-throw line.”
Coach Carr also credits seniors Jayshaun Pringle, Brandon Elrod, and Daniel Fernandez for their contributions. He says Phillip has done a great job working in the paint throughout the season, while Fernandez has been a hype-man and spiritual leader all year. Coach Carr has also had the chance to coach Elrod and develop his game since 7th grade.
Coral Glades is now 6-16 and now turn their attention to the District Championship. The Jaguars are set to play Fort Lauderdale High School on Tuesday, February 8. This will be the second meeting between these two schools after Fort Lauderdale won 59-38 in December and have a record of 14-9.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.24Coral Springs High School Football Wins Spring Game
- News2022.05.23Godfrey Records Walk-Off Hit to Win Regionals For CSC in Final Home At-Bat
- News2022.05.21State Champs! Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd Consecutive Year
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game