By Hank McCoy
The charges keep adding up for one Lauderhill man arrested on August 14 for stealing calculators from a Coral Springs Target.
In what could be called a calculated move, Damon Nicholas, 46, grabbed seven Texas Instrument calculators with a total value of $874.93 and exited the store several minutes later without paying for them.
While reviewing recent arrests, Coral Springs Police came across surveillance footage of Nicholas during a June 17 Home Depot theft in Coconut Creek, stealing a pressure cleaner and two chainsaws valued at $1,067.
They sent an email to the asset protection associate who had come face-to-face with Nicholas. From the Home Depot theft footage, he was able to positively identify Nicholas as the man who stole the calculators at Target.
In their report, officers noted that Nicholas was already on felony probation for ten separate cases of grand theft, trafficking in stolen property, petit theft, and fraudulent use of an ID.
Nicholas was taken into custody on August 25 and is being held in the main jail with no bond.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Hank McCoy is a writer and journalist covering music, politics, and culture on his blog Hank’s Luncheonette, as well as currently working on publishing his first novel. Hank grew up in Parkland and graduated from FAU before moving to Chicago where he worked in the music industry as an artist and talent booker when he wasn’t throwing people out of punk bars. Hank recently moved back to South Florida after living overseas in Berlin while he traveled to Europe.
- News2020.10.09Sale of City Property Leads to Redevelopment of Village Square in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.05Coral Springs Welcomes First Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- News2020.10.01Surf’s Up! Coral Springs Could See Big Waves with One of a Kind Surf Park
- News2020.09.29Former Coral Springs Resident Charged with Cryptocurrency Fraud Caught in Austria