By Hank McCoy
One man’s reputation for stealing totals up to a Grand Theft charge in a calculator heist.
On August 14 at 5:09 p.m., store security at Target at 4400 North State Road 7 approached a Coral Springs Police officer after they noticed a well-known retail thief, Damon Nicholas, 46, of Lauderhill entering the store.
The security guard left his office to physically watch Nicholas as the officer, and another member of store security watched from video surveillance.
According to surveillance, Nicholas grabbed seven Texas Instrument calculators with a total value of $874.93 and exited the store several minutes later without paying for the calculators.
According to the police report, Nicholas was detained by officers at 5772 Wiles Road just around the corner from the store and was positively identified by store security. Officers recovered the items in question.
One of the security guards provided officers with a sworn statement, a receipt for the cost of the items, and video surveillance of the incident.
Nicholas also had an open warrant for his arrest for a parole violation.
He was placed under arrest for Grand Theft and Violation of Parole and transported to CSPD for booking before being transferred to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Hank McCoy is a writer and journalist covering music, politics, and culture on his blog Hank’s Luncheonette, as well as currently working on publishing his first novel. Hank grew up in Parkland and graduated from FAU before moving to Chicago where he worked in the music industry as an artist and talent booker when he wasn’t throwing people out of punk bars. Hank recently moved back to South Florida after living overseas in Berlin while he traveled to Europe.
- News2020.10.09Sale of City Property Leads to Redevelopment of Village Square in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.05Coral Springs Welcomes First Medical Marijuana Dispensary
- News2020.10.01Surf’s Up! Coral Springs Could See Big Waves with One of a Kind Surf Park
- News2020.09.29Former Coral Springs Resident Charged with Cryptocurrency Fraud Caught in Austria