By: Sharon Aron Baron
Shoppers can now “charge it” at Coral Square Mall with the latest installation of an electrical car charging station that will allow them to plug in and charge their cars while they shop.
Coral Square owner Simon Property Group has just announced the installation of the latest electric car NRG EVgo Freedom Station site that can recharge shoppers’ vehicles in 30 minutes or less.
“Simon is committed to providing sustainable amenities for our customers and the opening of multiple electric vehicle (EV) charging stations today is a great example of that,” said Mona Benisi, Senior Director of Sustainability for Simon. “The locations of our shopping centers across the U.S. mean that Simon is ideally positioned to contribute to the development of a national infrastructure for electric vehicle charging stations, and also advances the company’s sustainability efforts.”
Now open by the Food Court Main Entrance, the electric vehicle chargers aren’t free, unless you have a plan that is built into your car purchase. If not, there are three types of plans through EVgo (rates below) with various options along with optional monthly and per-minute charges. For instance, you can choose between Level 2 charging at 10 to 20 miles of range per one hour of charging or go for the extra fast charging that will deliver a nearly full charge in less than 30 minutes.
“It is our mission to put the right chargers in the right places,” said Arun Banskota, President and CEO of EVgo. “EVgo is already the nation’s largest provider of public DC fast charging, but we are also the fastest growing by far. These premier properties are incredible additions to our national network of reliable and accessible DC fast chargers that keep drivers of all EV’s charging forward.”
Rate plan below.
Coral Square Mall is located at 9469 W Atlantic Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33071.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation