By: Sharon Aron Baron
Thieves are targeting a local gym and police are warning the public about the recent vehicle thefts.
In the past two weeks, Coral Springs Police have reported two vehicles were stolen from residents while they were working out at the LA Fitness at 2633 N University Drive. In both instances, the keys (or key fob) was left unattended while the victims were playing basketball during late afternoon/early evening hours.
One of the vehicles was recovered in Lauderhill and investigators believe the second vehicle is in the same area.
Coral Springs Police are asking all residents who use fitness facilities to either lock their keys inside of a locker or keep them on their body – and to never leave them unattended. Also, keep an eye out for suspicious persons: if you see someone unfamiliar at the gym, someone acting suspiciously or not wearing common gym attire, please report that activity immediately to gym staff or call Coral Springs Police non-emergency number (954) 344-1800.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2019.08.19Young Chef’s Academy Holds ‘Open House’ in Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2019.08.19Crash on Sawgrass Expressway Leaves One Victim Dead
- Eat2019.08.19There’s Only a Short Wait Until Five Guys Opening Date
- Crime & Safety2019.08.16Man Arrested in 1983 Coral Springs Sexual Battery Case Thanks to DNA Evidence