By: Chris Brunner
Bring your family and friends to WorldFest at the Sportsplex and experience the diverse cultures that make up the City of Coral Springs.
Held on Sunday, April 8 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. the event will feature ethnic foods, live entertainment, arts and crafts and fun activities for children. With non-stop stage entertainment, cultural games and activities, children will stay busy at Kid’s World sponsored by Baptist Health South Florida and Family Central, which offers a multitude of arts and crafts for the young ones.
Stop by the cooking demonstrations where you can sample delicious ethnic food items. Enjoy a special performance by Caballo de Paso Peruano with Marianera Dancer, as well as Story Time at 1 and 2 p.m. sponsored by Family Central and a Puppet Show at 1:30 and 2:30 p.m. sponsored by Northwest Regional Friends of the Library.
Admission to the event is free. Parking is $3 and helps fund the Coral Springs Civil Air Patrol. Nominal fees will be charged for the food and rides/amusements. Sorry, pets are not allowed into the event.
Student volunteers are welcome, and will receive service hours for participating. For more information, call 954-344-1063. The Sportsplex is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed