By Agrippina Fadel
The Chabad Jewish Center of Coral Springs is gearing up for a joyous celebration of Pesach or Passover, one of the most significant events in Jewish history.
The center is hosting a community Seder on Wednesday, April 5, which will be held at the center’s premises located at 11325 West Atlantic Blvd. The Seder is priced at $50 for adults and $35 for children, with $360 sponsorships also available. The services will commence at 7.15 p.m. and will be followed by dinner at 8 p.m.
Rabbi Yankie Denburg, who heads the center, spoke about the importance of the Passover Seder as a crucial part of Jewish culture and history.
“Passover Seder is the most ancient religious ceremony to be celebrated in all of human history. There is no other holiday celebration that has been conducted — or holds as much significance to our national identity as free Jews — than the Seder celebrated together as a family since the beginning of our history 3,335 years ago,” he said.
To help families prepare for the holiday, the center is offering a Matzah giveaway starting March 28 and continuing all week.
The Matzah kits are completely free and include handmade Shmurah Matzah and an explanatory Passover Guide for use during the Passover Seder.
The Chabad Jewish Center on Atlantic Blvd and the Chabad of Coral Springs on University Dr are collaborating to distribute 1,000 Matzah kits.
Rabbi Denburg emphasized that the distribution of Matzah kits is an expensive and time-consuming project, but it is a cause that was very dear to the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson. “We are willing to incur the expense and effort to ensure that this age-old Jewish practice of Shmurah Matzah is still done properly so many years later,” he said.
For families who need financial assistance, the center has assured that no one will be turned away from the community Seder due to a lack of funds. Residents who would like to sponsor a Seder celebration for a local family in need can reach out to either of the two Chabad Centers in Coral Springs for more information.
Seder reservations and donations can be made at Chabad Jewish Center and Chabad of Coral Springs; residents can also call 954-501-8920 or 954-344-4855 to reserve.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master’s in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.05.12“Miracle Man” Survives After Suffering Multiple Strokes
- Events2023.04.30Join the Fun: 3 Coral Springs Women-Owned Businesses Host Annual Mother’s Day Sip + Stroll
- News2023.04.28Raise a Glass to Fish Joint: Coral Springs’ Go-To Seafood Spot Adds Wine and Beer to the Menu
- News2023.04.21Puddle Jumpers Unite: Coral Springs Kids Make a Splash for Earth Day Fun in the Rain