By: Jen Russon
The annual grand gala at Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber of Commerce is the bee’s knees this October, featuring a Roaring 20s theme.
For the first time, the 16-year-old event is going virtual, inviting guests to do the Charleston in the safety of their living rooms.
Bags of swag for currently registered participants went out Friday and contained timely and sophisticated gifts from sponsors like a bottle of wine, tumblers, sunglasses, hand sanitizers, and masks.
Presented by the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital, gala revelers will enjoy a silent auction, magic show, live music, business awards, and other prizes, including the results of an ongoing ‘Roaring 20s’ costume contest.
“We are expecting to have over 150 of the most prominent business professionals and elected officials in North Broward in attendance,” said Chamber President Cindy Brief.
She added their goal is to double what was raised last year when over $7,000 poured in from local businesses for their educational foundation.
Proceeds from the Chamber’s foundation assists Business Professionals of America and DECA clubs from seven high schools: Coral Springs High, Coral Glades, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Springs Charter, J.P. Taravella, Coconut Creek High, and Monarch High School.
“Something as simple as a gift certificate or product from your business can really make a difference. Your support is an investment in the lives of the students and the betterment of our shared community,” said Brief.
The grand gala is Friday, October 23, from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m, with networking opportunities set to kick things off early from 5:30 to 6 p.m.
To register, click here. Tickets are $20 for Chamber members and $25 for nonmembers.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2021.05.14Homeowner Against Improvements to Kiwanis Park Takes Concerns to City
- Events2021.05.10Memorial Service in Dog Park Planned for ‘Dr Mike’ of South Gate Veterinary Clinic
- News2021.05.07‘We’re Not Out of the Woods Yet’ Warns Vaccinated Coral Springs Man Who Contracted COVID from Wife
- Events2021.05.06Lights, Camera, Action! Register For a Summer Spot in Next Stop Broadway