By Ryan Yousefi
A store manager is speaking out after vandalism, and robbery took place at Chill Smoke Shop in Coral Springs and hopes someone in the community will be able to recognize the thief who was caught on the store’s surveillance cameras.
The incident occurred at 2:00 a.m. on September 18, when an unidentified individual broke into the Chill Smoke Shop at 10330 West Sample Road.
According to the manager, who wishes to remain unnamed, the suspect allegedly made off with approximately 50 units of disposable vapes, including THC, Delta 8, and HHX varieties, as well as a few nicotine disposables, estimated to be worth over $2,000.
The manager tells Coral Springs Talk their hope that sharing the surveillance footage would lead to someone recognizing the suspect and reporting their identity to the CSPD.
“Maybe even his parents will recognize him and take care of the situation,” the manager said, adding, “Nobody wants young people to get on this path of life, and I’m sure it’s not too late to be a better person,”
The store’s surveillance cameras were able to capture the thief in action. Although the suspect had taken measures to cover their face and hands and appeared well-dressed, the footage suggests that the individual is a slender male, approximately 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall.
The manager says the Coral Springs Police Department is investigating the suspect’s identity. At this time, there have been no updates. However, it’s worth noting that police told the manager that another similar incident occurred just a few blocks away from Chill Smoke Shop around the same time.
The manager, who has been a Coral Springs resident for two years, says while they’ve always enjoyed living in the community, passersby’s reaction to the break-in angered him.
“From 2 a.m. (when he broke in) until 11 a.m. when I opened the store, several people passed by the store. Some didn’t even notice the window; some did; some even took pictures but didn’t even call the police to secure the place – it was unbelievable.”
Anyone with information about the Chill Smoke Shop robbery or the suspect’s identity viewed on the break-in’s surveillance footage is urged to contact the Coral Springs Police Department on the non-emergency line at 954-344-1800 to file a report.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft
- Crime & SafetyNovember 30, 2023Man Caught on Surveillance Masturbating Outside Coral Springs Business Plaza
- EventsNovember 30, 2023Celebrate Chanukah with Family Fun in Coral Springs
- EventsNovember 30, 2023The Walk of Coral Springs Annual Toys for Tots Drive Part of Local 10’s Big Bus Toy Express