By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs will hold a special Memorial Day Ceremony to honor all Americans who made the supreme sacrifice with their unselfish devotion in order to defend our heritage of liberty and justice for all.
Join City officials, and the Veterans Coalition of Coral Springs on Monday, May 29, at 9 a.m. as they honor of the brave men and women of our military who have given their lives in service to our nation.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Retired Lieutenant-Colonel David Harper. Harper joined the United States Air Force after graduating from Florida State University in 1968 where he served in various roles including Chief of Plans for Aeromedical Evacuation of wounded for Desert Storm.
During his service he earned the Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster, and the Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster.
On Wednesday, June 14, return on 9 a.m. to Veterans Park for a brief Flag Day Ceremony at Veterans Park.
Veterans Park, located at 8601 Royal Palm Boulevard (just east of University Drive).
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2021.06.13Independence Day Celebrations are Back with Live Music and Spectacular Fireworks Show
- Events2021.06.10Veterans Coalition Holds Annual Flag Day Ceremony in Coral Springs