By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs will hold a special Memorial Day Ceremony to honor all Americans who made the supreme sacrifice with their unselfish devotion in order to defend our heritage of liberty and justice for all.
Join City officials, and the Veterans Coalition of Coral Springs on Monday, May 29, at 9 a.m. as they honor of the brave men and women of our military who have given their lives in service to our nation.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Retired Lieutenant-Colonel David Harper. Harper joined the United States Air Force after graduating from Florida State University in 1968 where he served in various roles including Chief of Plans for Aeromedical Evacuation of wounded for Desert Storm.
During his service he earned the Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster, and the Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster.
On Wednesday, June 14, return on 9 a.m. to Veterans Park for a brief Flag Day Ceremony at Veterans Park.
Veterans Park, located at 8601 Royal Palm Boulevard (just east of University Drive).
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses