Highlights from the 2021 Holiday Parade in the City of Coral Springs
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Drawing thousands of spectators every year, the city’s annual Holiday Parade is one of the most popular events of the year.
This year’s theme is ‘March of the Toys’, and like in years past, float entrants will be awarded first, second, and third-place prizes. Both business and non-profit entries will be judged together, with the top three receiving awards. Floats will be judged on creativity, holiday spirit, use of lights, construction, and originality.
This year’s Grand Marshal will be the Coral Springs 2022 Pioneer of the Year, Al Hendrickson, Sr.
Earlier this year, Hendrickson was recognized with a Key to the city and inducted by the Broward County Historical Committee as a true pioneer.
“Having Al Hendrickson serve as Grand Marshal to celebrate his contributions to the community for the last 50+ years commemorates the impact our earliest residents had on our community,” said Mayor Scott Brook, adding that the annual parade and its theme, ‘March of the Toys,’ is an opportunity to create new memories while celebrating holidays of the past.
“I look forward to seeing our community’s creative holiday spirit this year,” he said.
This year’s Holiday Parade takes place Wednesday, December 14, at 7 p.m. with a rain date of Thursday, December 15.
The following road closures will begin at 5 p.m. on the parade day and will remain closed until approximately 10 p.m. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes. Local traffic will be impacted, but residents will still have access to their community.
- Sample Road just west of University Drive and east of NW 110th Avenue
- Coral Springs Drive, north of Royal Palm Boulevard and south of NW 37th Street
Pedestrian traffic only. Private golf carts are prohibited at the event.
Here’s a glimpse of the Holiday Parade 2021 winners
Vice Mayor’s Cup was Coral Springs Community Church
Commissioner’s Cup: Biscayne Bay Foundation
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.02.03The Time-Honored Tradition of Girl Scout Cookie Sales is Here
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Sawgrass Expressway Accident Leaves 2 Injured
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Coral Springs High School Placed on Precautionary Lockdown Due to a Nearby Gun-Related Threat
- Events2023.01.31Free Concerts Return at ‘The Walk on Wednesday’s’ in Coral Springs