By: Bryan Boggiano
Coral Springs residents have the opportunity to make sense out of their dollars.
The city’s Department of Budget and Strategy is hosting two one-hour Budget Academy Sessions on Monday, Aug. 23, planning to hold the sessions as part of its continuing mission to provide transparency in spending and operations.
A virtual session on Zoon takes place from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., while an in-person budget session occurs at City Hall from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., according to a press release.
Representatives from the Department of Budget and Strategy will give residents an overview of the city’s financial operations. This includes information on how tax dollars are used to fund city operations, services, and other functions.
Additionally, city staff will be available from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. to answer questions from residents who cannot make either session.
Mayor Scott Brook said that the city commission recognizes that it is important for residents to know about the budget process and that hosting two academy sessions will help residents be informed and engaged in municipal affairs in a press release.
“It is this type of community engagement that demonstrates Coral Springs’s commitment to be the premier city in which to live, work and raise a family,” he said.
To attend one or both sessions, residents must register on the city’s website.
The city launched a “Did You Know?” series in July on Facebook and Twitter aimed to educate residents on the annual budget and how it works. For more information click here.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan is pursuing his masters in geosciences at Florida International University. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- Crime & Safety2022.05.19Coral Springs Recognizes National Police Week 2022
- News2022.05.18Coral Springs Educator Named Finalist for State 2023 Teacher of the Year
- News2022.05.14New Candidate Enters Commission Seat 2 Election; Brook, Simmons Still Running Unopposed
- News2022.05.10Coral Springs Recognizes Mental Health Awareness Month 2022