In 2017, Ana Barbosa received a surprise welcome back to the old city hall after her six-month deployment in Kuwait.
By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs has selected Ana Barbosa to serve as the Manager of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion — committed to promoting a diverse, fair, and inclusive culture.
This newly developed position reports to humane resources. It will promote a culture of inclusion, where all individuals feel welcome, thrive, and be fully engaged in their service to the city.
Barbosa is no stranger to the city. Once the Chief Economic Development Officer, in 2017, she was welcomed home after serving a six-month deployment in Kuwait.
Now, after three years of active-duty deployment with the Air Force’s 482nd Security Forces Squadron in Homestead, Barbosa returns to serve as Manager of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – an instrumental role in honoring and appreciating all employees’ potential and talent while leveraging their individual and collective voices to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
“Our culture in the City of Coral Springs is already welcoming and inclusive; we embrace new ways to make our organization stronger and are committed to enhancing our diversity, equity, and inclusion practices,” said Dale Pazdra, Assistant City Manager of People, Culture and Wellness.
He added the new role would have a strong focus on actively engaging employees to further behaviors, attitudes, and policies that support all aspects of diversity and inclusion by developing and presenting educational programs that will increase awareness and broaden employees understanding and support of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
“With Ana Barbosa taking a lead role, our city will be better equipped to ensure our workforce meets our vision of being the premier city which to live, work and raise a family,” said Pazdra. “I am excited to work with Ana in her new position and believe she is going to make a positive contribution as our first Manager of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- NewsDecember 8, 2023Broward Health Coral Springs Names Kristen Z. Bowman as New CEO
- EventsDecember 6, 2023Kevin Hart Adds Second Show at Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- EventsDecember 5, 2023Coral Springs Ushers in Holiday Season with Upcoming Market and Parade