By: Jen Russon
As the world celebrated Earth Day, middle and high school students from Xceed Preparatory Academy joined the fray with environmentally-friendly activities.
Led by Science and Spanish teacher Maria Franco, students learned about the five R’s: refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle, and rot.
“We planted seed paper to grow their own plants and then wrote out statements of what they will personally do to help the Earth,” said Franco.
She added theirs is a hybrid learning model, in which students masked up and learned on campus, in addition to an online curriculum.
Xceed Preparatory Academy is a private, virtual school serving sixth – twelfth graders, and includes Xceed Anywhere, an online private school. The academy operates four campuses in Florida, the newest of which is in Coral Springs and adjacent to the Northwest Regional Library.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.07.26Meet J.P. Taravella’s New Band Director at Dessert Event
- Events2021.07.26New Principal at Forest Glen Middle Invites Students to Attend ‘Wildcat Academy’
- Events2021.07.23‘We Won’t Pay Rent!’ Teen Cast Prepares for Opening Night of Award-Winning Musical
- Events2021.07.17United Way of Broward County Hopes to Train 300 Volunteers for ‘ReadingPals’ Literacy Program