By: Chris Brunner
Your garage may have room to park that car because you can now safely dispose of all types of household hazardous materials that you’ve been meaning to, but haven’t had the chance.
The cities of Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Tamarac, Fort Lauderdale, Oakland Park, and Pompano Beach have established a cooperative agreement that will allow residents several opportunities to dispose of the full range of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
This Saturday, February 6, from 6 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Coral Springs residents may drop off the following items at the Westside Maintenance Complex, located within the Corporate Park at 4181 NW 121 Avenue in Coral Springs:
Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs)
Nail polish & remover
Tires (limit 4)
You may drop off the following: answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, wires
The following are not accepted: business- and government-generated waste, explosives, biohazardous waste, microwaves, appliances.
Remember, residents are not allowed to drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal. If you have any questions, please call Public Works at 954-344-1165.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- Events2019.08.20Earn Service Hours: Volunteers Needed to Help Beautify Coral Springs
- News2019.07.21U.S. Department of Commerce Awards Coral Springs $2.8 Million Grant
- Events2019.07.17Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 20 Amazing Shows and Concerts
- Events2019.07.16Next Stop Broadway’s Teen Theatre Project Presents ‘Chicago’