By: Sharon Aron Baron
Students will have access to free, live Advanced Placement review lessons delivered by AP teachers from across the country.
Beginning on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, these optional, mobile-friendly classes are designed to be used alongside work that may be given by schools.
“I applaud the College Board for finding innovative ways for students to complete their Advanced Placement Courses,” said Commissioner of Education Richard Corcoran. “It is vitally important that students continue learning while their school campus is closed.”
In addition, for the 2019-20 AP Exam administration only, the College Board is developing secure 45-minute online exams for each course. These streamlined digital exams will not require any test booklet shipments, external proctors or any additional workload for schools.
The exam content will focus on what schools were able to complete by early March. Students can take the exam on any device they have access to – computer, tablet or smartphone – and other options may be available by contacting the College Board.
For more information, visit AP COVID-19 update.
The Department of Education has lists of free educational resources and district meal plans to help families while school is closed. The emergency response page contains educational resources such as CPALMS – Florida’s online toolbox based on the state’s standards for teachers, students and families – Khan Academy, Floridastudents.org and many others who are stepping up to serve Coral Springs families free of charge, with thousands of online courses, lessons and practice exercises and videos so students can continue their education.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn
- News2021.05.05Mullins Hall COVID-19 Test Site to Close in Coral Springs
- Events2021.05.04Tickets Go on Sale for Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular
- News2021.05.04Volunteers Show Their Appreciation for Teachers at 22 Coral Springs Schools