By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs has opened up a contest to update their flag and your creative submission could be used as the new representative design.
The current flag has the city seal with green and blue diagonal stripes on a solid white background. The small graphic details are not clearly visible or recognizable from a distance, and they are looking for a look that will.
Anyone who lives, works or attends school in Coral Springs can submit their flag designs online. Entries will be accepted in three divisions. The entry deadline is March 17, 2017. A committee will narrow down the field to the top flag designs, and the public will also have a chance to vote on their favorite. The City Commission will approve the final design.
All submissions will later be on display at the Museum of Art. The city commission will select the winning flag and recognize the winner, finalists and students at a future commission meeting.
To read the flag guidelines and submit your design, visit www.CoralSpringsFlag.org.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive