By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs has opened up a contest to update their flag and your creative submission could be used as the new representative design.
The current flag has the city seal with green and blue diagonal stripes on a solid white background. The small graphic details are not clearly visible or recognizable from a distance, and they are looking for a look that will.
Anyone who lives, works or attends school in Coral Springs can submit their flag designs online. Entries will be accepted in three divisions. The entry deadline is March 17, 2017. A committee will narrow down the field to the top flag designs, and the public will also have a chance to vote on their favorite. The City Commission will approve the final design.
All submissions will later be on display at the Museum of Art. The city commission will select the winning flag and recognize the winner, finalists and students at a future commission meeting.
To read the flag guidelines and submit your design, visit www.CoralSpringsFlag.org.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1