By: Sharon Aron Baron
After Governor Desantis issued an emergency order limiting residents’ movements and personal interactions to only essential businesses, on April 1, things will go back to normal on Monday —- with some exceptions.
According to the City of Coral Springs, restaurants, professional businesses, personal services, and retail will be allowed to reopen under restrictive guidelines on May 18. However, beaches, commercial gyms, movie theaters, and large/sporting events will remain closed. Please note: Coral Square Mall will not be reopening on May 18.
Visiting a Business? Here’s what you need to know:
- Businesses are required to have employees wear a mask or face covering.
- Restaurants must limit indoor capacity to 50 percent; outdoor seating is preferred. All table seating must be 6-feet apart. Restaurants and food establishments are permitted to operate at 50 percent occupancy indoors. Seating indoors and outdoors must be spaced 6-feet apart. Restaurants should provide disposable or digital menus that are sanitized after each use. Buffets and bars remain closed. Employees must wear face coverings and masks. Food preparers are encouraged to wear gloves.
- All personal services (ex: hair and nail salons) are required to operate by appointment only, allowing 15 minutes in between customers to allow for proper sanitation. Employees and customers must wear a face covering or mask.
- Retail stores are limited to 50 percent capacity. Customers must wear a facial covering while shopping.
- Recreational activities in housing complexes may open (ex: HOA gyms and pools)
- If you believe a business is not complying to emergency orders or CDC guidelines, you can submit a complaint to the City of Coral Springs online form, or call the Business Hotline 954-344-5772
The City of Coral Springs partnered with Broward Health Coral Springs and the Coral Springs Chamber of Commerce to provide packages for businesses, which include: face coverings, hand sanitizer, and a guide to safely reopening business.
Additional City Re-openings
- Restrooms in our city parks will open during park hours (8 a.m. until dusk).
- The Aquatic Complex will open Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. ONLY for lap swim in short course lanes, one swimmer per lane. Preregister Here.
- Masks must be worn at all times when not in the pool.
- Locker rooms will not be available; swimmers must arrive and leave in a swimsuit.
- Mullins Pool and Cypress Pool remain closed.
- For additional questions regarding the Aquatic Complex, call 954-345-2121.
- The Coral Springs – Parkland Fire Department will resume fire safety inspections.
Residents are encouraged not to let their guard down. The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is to practice proper personal hygiene, remain socially distanced from those outside of your household, and wear a face covering. The purpose of the face cover is to protect others, should you be a carrier of the virus.
Residents are reminded to:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public space, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water is not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home.
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people (outside of your household) and avoid gathering in groups. Reminder, the face-covering is not a substitute for social distancing.
- Frequently clean and disinfect hard surfaces.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts