By; Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter baseball team earned their biggest win this season on Friday over North Broward Preparatory School 9-5.
It was the team’s eighth win of the season as A.J. Prendergast got the start on the mound. The hard-throwing right-hander was not at his best but managed to earn the win after pitching five innings and allowing four runs. Robert Boing was terrific coming out of the bullpen picking the final six outs.
Offensively, CSC was outhit 10-5 but took advantage of their chances with their five walks and reached base on six hit-by-pitches. Jeovanni Hernandez knocked in two runs with a double. Chris Goldstein, Leo Beltran, Haiden Walters, Gavin Gargiulo and Derek Kreisler had runs batted in.
Head Coach Charlie Fine felt this was a big win with the team having a great attitude and approach all week.
“They are an excellent team with excellent coaches, but I also feel like we are also a very talented group,” Fine said. “When we play hard and compete, I think we are very competitive.”
Up next, the Panthers will take on Pine Crest School on Tuesday, April 13 at with first pitch scheduled for 4:30 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013