By: Matt Rothman
Emily Estroff, an alumna of Coral Springs Charter, has achieved a coaching position in high school and the bonus of being in the same division as her former coach, Mark Montimurro.
Estroff, who graduated in 2018, has officially taken over as the new head coach for Cardinal Gibbons High School.
She says she could not be more excited to be given this opportunity and is thankful to the Cardinal Gibbons staff for trusting her with this role.
“I’m really passionate about paying it forward and growing the game, and I hope my experiences, as well as having the opportunity to have learned from one of the best staffs in the country for my last collegiate year, will help the girls that I am able to coach, Estroff said
In high school, Estroff won 28 wins on the mound, including a no-hitter and perfect game, and had an era of 1.32 while striking out 201 hitters. She also hit .432 with seven extra-base hits, drove in 23 runs, and would start her college career mainly as a hitter.
“Emily will do a good job,” Montimurro said. “She’s been around some great coaches during her days as a player, so she should be able to impart some of that acquired knowledge, along with her warm personality and years of playing experience.”
During her two years at FGCU, Estroff hit over .329 as a sophomore and junior before she became one of the team’s top pitchers as a senior. She helped knock off nationally ranked Texas in their third game of the season before playing her final year with Liberty and reaching the NCAA Tournament for the first time.
While Estroff knows the importance of every game, she says the one against CSC will be extra special and a challenge to face them.
“Some of my best softball experiences were while I was wearing a charter uniform, and I have the utmost respect for CSC Softball,” Estroff said. “They are a blue-blood team when it comes to high school softball, and I’m lucky to have been a part of it.”
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Register Now for the Saint Andrew Catholic Parish 20th Annual Golf Tournament
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race