By: Matt Rothman
For the Panthers, Monday’s game was the team’s 11th win of the year and Pompano Beach’s first loss of the season after they started 10-0. Despite the Panthers having to play shorthanded in their last two games, they managed to win both.
“They just keep finding a way to play strong and win, no matter which players are in the game,” Coach Grassi said.
Camila Ruiz scored the lone goal in the game during the second half. Kelsey Dunne pitched another shutout in net with five saves and has not allowed a goal in the past five matches.
Next, the Panthers will return home for a matchup against West Broward High School on Thursday, January 6 at 4 p.m. The Bobcats have only played six games this season but have won four of them. This will also be the first matchup between these two teams since 2017 in a 6-0 win for West Broward.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Star Offensive Lineman Aris Skarecki Makes College Pick
- News2022.01.20Jeremiah Denis Goes 8-0 for Coral Springs High School Wrestling
- News2022.01.16CSC’s Chris Haire Coaches Inaugural Battle at The Beach All-Star Game
- News2022.01.15Coral Springs Charter’s Dalton Mason Wins the Senior Bowl Tournament