By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Civil Air Patrol will be celebrating their 30 year anniversary and are inviting past, present and future members to join them at Veterans Park.
On October 1, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. they will be unveiling a Memorial celebrating every single member who has volunteered their time with the squadron.
The Civil Air Patrol, the official auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is a nonprofit organization with 60,000 members nationwide. This all-volunteer group of dedicated boys and girls ranging in age from 12 years old and up attend local schools like Stoneman Douglas, JP Taravella, Coral Glades and Coral Springs High. Any resident is welcome to join, even home-schooled students.
The squadron meets on Thursday evenings at the Coral Springs Charter School from 6 p.m to 9 p.m under Cadet First Lt. Santiago Ledesma. Students that enroll in the Civil Air Corps can earn up to 500 service hours. Some even earn up to 1,000.
Veterans Park is located at 8601 Royal Palm Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
Interested in joining the squadron? Visit their website here: Coral Springs Cadet Squadron.
Another story on the squadron here: More on the Civil Air Patrol.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event