By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Community Chest has awarded more than $75,000 in grants to non-profit organizations who offer a service or program benefiting Coral Springs residents.
Founded in 1988 on the premise that community resources should provide for community needs, the Coral Springs Community Chest has no paid staff, so 98 percent of all funds are reinvested back to the community.
In a luncheon donated by Tavalino Della Nonna, more than 35 organizations received funding this year: 211 Broward, Abi’s Place, Aging and Disability Resource Center, ARC Broward, Broward Health, Broward Housing Solutions, Broward Library Foundation, Broward Partnership for the Homeless, Center for Hearing and Communication, Challenger Baseball, Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center, Children’s Harbor, Coral Springs Art Guild, Coral Springs Museum of Art, Covenant House, Equine-Assisted Therapies of South Florida, Friends of Music, Gateway Community Outreach, Girl Scouts, Henderson Behavioral Health, Impact Broward, In Jacob’s Shoes, Jeffrey R. Smith Memorial Scholarship Fund, Junior Achievement, KidSafe Foundation, LifeNet4Families, Light of the World Clinic, Lighthouse of Broward, Martin Luther King Scholarship Fund, Mental Health Association, Sawgrass Nature Center, South Florida Institute on Aging (SoFIA), SOS Children’s Village, TaskForce Fore Ending Homelessness, Tomorrow’s Rainbow, Trustbridge, Tuff Start and Women in Distress.
Coral Springs Community Chest is funded by corporate and private donations, special events and promotions.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.20See the Works of Photographer and Filmmaker Cheryl Maeder at the Coral Springs Museum
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Crime and Arrest Update Through January 12
- News2021.01.19Girl Scouts Receive Funding from Coral Springs Community Chest