By: Sharon Aron Baron
If your water smells or tastes a little like chlorine, don’t be alarmed because it’s still safe to drink.
Beginning on Monday, July 13 through July 26, the City of Coral Springs Utilities and Engineering Division, along with all other city water utilities, will temporarily change its method of chlorinating water to comply with the recommendations of the Department of Environmental Protection.
In addition, water main flushing will also take place during the two weeks and between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The flushing program benefits the city by allowing the Water Department to verify the fire hydrants are working properly and are available for fire protection, as well as minimizing the build-up of mineral and other sediments, which over time can affect water quality and water flow through the pipes.
Customers are advised that there may be chlorine taste or odor, discoloration, and reduction in pressure in tap water as a result of both of these services.
According to the City, the temporary water conditions are not harmful to customers’ health. Furthermore, before washing clothes, drinking tap water, or cooking with tap water, they are cautioned to check the water for clarity.
If you are on kidney dialysis, the city asks that you consult your physician for any special instructions concerning this matter.
If you have tropical fish or aquatic animals, please contact your local pet store for advice. Customers with inline filters may want to contact the equipment manufacturer for any precautions that may be required.
Direct any questions and concerns to your water service provider.
City of Coral Springs Utilities: 954-345-2160
Coral Springs Improvement District: 954-753-0380
North Springs Improvement District: 954-752-0400
Royal Waterworks Company: 1-888-228-2134
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsFebruary 25, 2024American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life Taking Place in Coral Springs
- EventsFebruary 22, 2024Black History Month Book Fair Celebrates African American Culture
- EventsFebruary 21, 2024Phi Xi Zeta Chapter Celebrates 16 Years in Coral Springs with Tribute to Police
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Coral Glades Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher