By: Jill Fox
A Coral Springs firefighter was found dead at a Lauderdale-by-the-Sea hotel on Saturday morning.
According to the Broward Sheriff’s Office, Christopher Allen Randazzo, 39, was discovered dead at the Southern Seas Resort at 4520 El Mar Drive at approximately 6 a.m., and Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide and crime scene detectives were on the scene investigating his death.
On Sunday afternoon, the Coral Springs Parkland Fire Department tweeted:
“We recently learned of the passing of CSPFD Firefighter/Paramedic Christopher Randazzo. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends as we grieve alongside each other.”
Randazzo attended the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety in 2018, where he attained his firefighter certification. He also received his paramedic certification from the State of Florida last year, as well.
He was hired with the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department on March 25, 2019. When Randazzo was hired, he was asked to write a short biography about his journey to becoming a firefighter with the agency. Of his new career, he wrote that this new job was “fulfilling his lifelong dreams.”
Although Randazzo was a fairly new employee, Division Chief Michael Moser said he was a great fireman, with no disciplinary issues whatsoever. In October, Randazzo was nominated for a lifesaving commendation award for a near-drowning of a 7-year-old. The winner had not yet been determined.
Moser said nothing yet had been established for Randazzo and his family, but when it is, he will communicate it to the community.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 6.
- News2020.09.1713 Coral Springs Schools Make the Grade for Community Engagement in Education
- News2020.09.15Donate Your Plasma Now to Help Save a Life
- News2020.09.03Paragon Theaters in Coral Springs Now Open: Health and Safety a Top Priority
- News2020.08.21New Emergency Order Modifies Restaurant Closing Hours