By: Matt Rothman
It was a great week of basketball for Coral Springs High School, led by the girls basketball team winning the District Championship on Friday.
“I’m very proud of the girls they beat a very good basketball team.” said Head Coach Brenton Hankerson. “They were down and didn’t quit and it paid off. I really appreciate my Coaches Don and Brian. I wouldn’t work without them and they hard work they put in along with the girls.”
They started the week off by defeating Cooper City High School 67-17 on Wednesday, Hankerson said his team really stepped up in the second half.
Despite falling in the regular season to Western, the Colts got their revenge in the Championship game with a 53-50 victory. CSHS also moved to 19-5 this year and qualified for Regionals, where they will wait to see where they will be seeded and who they will play.
On Monday, the Coral Springs High School boys basketball team picked up an 81-40 win on Senior Night over Charles W. Flanagan High School.
The Colts honored Patrick Jean Louis, Evens Altifort, Valentine Abreu, and Noah Yeehyaa before picking up their 14th win of the season. The seniors also scored 13 points, while Walter-Pierre Louis had a game-high 17 points. e Abreu added 14, and the Colts had ten players record points.
“It was a great Senior night,” said Head Coach Devin Barta. “It was awesome to honor our seniors and be able to come out with a win. These four seniors have given tremendous effort this year and set a great example for the younger players. Their impact will be felt for years to come.”
The Colts are set to play in the District Tournament as the four seed and will play Western High School. The Wildcats are 12-8 this year and fell 49-48 in the lone meeting this year.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Parkland Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coral Springs High School Girls Lacrosse Win 1st Game Since 2021 on Senior Night
- News2023.03.196 Coral Springs Track and Field Athletes Win BCAA Championships
- News2023.03.18Coral Springs Charter Boys and Girls Tennis Defeat Cardinal Gibbons
- News2023.03.17Coral Springs High School Varsity Baseball Wins 4th Game; JV Team Records 3rd Win