By: Matt Rothman
Not only was it Senior Night for the Coral Springs High School football team, but the Colts also picked up an impressive 47-20 win over West Boca Raton Community High School on Monday.
The win was the Colts second of the season which came on a night where CHSH honored 17 seniors at halftime in Wally Mathurin, Owens Noel-Jeune, Garth Lewis, Austin Davis, Trejon Monereau, Dustin Lubin, Jason Leger, Josh Rose, Brandon Constant, Junior Jean, Chris Lindo, Zyaire Clark, Michael McFarlin, Daniel Johnson, Carson Hayes, Anthony Rodriguez, and Cedrick Manigat.
Noel-Jeune threw for three touchdowns, with two of them going to Tyson Lubin. Tyrique Gordon caught the other pass a score while Monerau, Lewis, and Jayvyn Earley had rushing touchdowns. Earley also picked up a fumble and returned it to the endzone as the Colts scored a season-high seven touchdowns.
“It is great to win on Senior Night and to win at home,” said Head Coach Ian Headley. “I told the underclassmen before the game that we want our seniors to go out with a win.
Next, CSHS will play in the Pig Bowl against Marjory Stoneman Douglas on Friday, October 29, at 7 p.m. The Eagles are currently 4-3 this year and defeated South Plantation High School 33-8 in their last game on Friday.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship