By: Sharon Aron Baron
Several Coral Springs High School students have reason to celebrate the end of the school year. Besides placing in competitions, several seniors have won full scholarships to a University.
In the last week of April, the Coral Springs High School Chapter of Business Professionals of America (BPA) brought twenty students to Indianapolis, IN to compete in their prospective competitions. Lucas Doty, John Grignon, Lucas Morelli, and Zachary Pisani made it to the Top 10 in the nation with their Computer Animation and Leonardo Gutierrez placed 1st in the nation in Digital Media Production against 148 other students.
On May 5, Coral Springs High School competed with NFTE, Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, where students Maggie Bodner and Alyssa Herman competed in the regional competition and placed 2nd earning them $1000 and a chance to compete at the National NFTE competition in San Francisco this fall.
In addition to all of these achievements, several seniors have been awarded full scholarships to Florida Polytechnic University in Lakeland, FL: Brandon Lee, Julian Posada, John Grignon, Steven Brevett, Lucas Doty, and Justin Sommers will be signing their scholarship acceptance letters on Tuesday, May 13, at a special scholarship signing at the school.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.11.29Coral Springs Police Hold Annual Toy Drive Through December 15
- News2021.11.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste Dec. 4
- Events2021.11.28TICKET ALERT: 6th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival at the Sawgrass Nature Center
- News2021.11.26Donations Needed for United Way’s ‘Adopt-a-Family’ Annual Gift Drive