By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School Track and Field team have started their season off very strong. They recently hosted the 10th Walter Dix Relays, which consisted of some of the best programs in the state.
The Colts took home three gold medals with the lone individual award going to Delicia Bent, who won in the 100-meter race.
They then went on to win the pole vault for both the boys and girls team. The duo of Victoria Ellis and Lexi Ramnarace won for the girls while Nick Thomas and Michael Castillo for the boys.
Also, Niesha Aldajuste and Saniah Isaac captured silver medals in both the girl’s shot put and discus relays.
Throughout the season, Senior Victoria Ellis has broken her school record in the pole vault each meet and her mark of 3.56m (11’8″). This is the top mark in all of the state in Class 4A. Bent also has been successful in the 200 meters this year and is one of the top sprinters in the 4A as well.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision