Start training and register now for the Coral Springs Half Century Celebration, the City’s first-ever half marathon, on Saturday, March 30 at 6 a.m.
Broward Health Coral Springs will also have their 8th annual Race for Women’s Wellness 5K Run/Walk at 7:30 a.m. The races are part of a list of signature events to mark the City’s 50th anniversary. Both races will benefit the Broward Health Coral Springs Lisa Boccard Breast Cancer Fund, which provides free mammograms to women in our community who financially can’t afford them.
Runners and walkers of both the half marathon and 5K will start at the Coral Springs Aquatic Complex on Sportsplex Drive. From there, participants will proceed on a fast, flat and paved course that winds through the City. There will be a four-hour time limit for runners to complete the half marathon, which equals a pace of 18 minutes per mile or faster. Prices for adults for the half marathon are $65 and $25 for the Race for Women’s Wellness 5K and $15 for students 19-and-under. Registration closes on March 20 and prices will go up as event nears. Those interested in participating can register at www.itzevents.com
The Half Century Celebration will include a goodie bag, aid stations, Dri Fit t-shirt, finisher medal, age group race awards and post-race refreshments. Those interested in volunteering at the event should e-mail Kelle Burke at email@example.com. Students will receive service hours.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Crime and Arrest Update Through January 12
- News2021.01.19Girl Scouts Receive Funding from Coral Springs Community Chest
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Police School Resource Officer Arrested for Solicitation of a Minor
- News2021.01.1916th Annual Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Rescheduled