By: Sharon Aron Baron
Drawing thousands of spectators every year, the city’s annual Holiday Parade is one of the most popular events of the year. This year’s theme is “Holiday Express” and will roll in on Wednesday, December 12 at 7 p.m.
With more than 60 floats, bands and other entries participating in the fun, awards will be given to the top three float entries.
Holiday Mile run
Before the Holiday Parade begins, individuals and families are invited to take part in the Coral Springs Holiday Mile run along the parade route starting at 6:15 p.m. The run, which is open to runners of all ages and abilities, is $15 and requires participants to register online.
Race day registration is $20. To register or for additional information visit www.itzevents.com.
“Holiday Express” Parade
Sample Road, west of University Drive and east of NW 110th Avenue, and Coral Springs Drive, north of Royal Palm Boulevard and south of NW 37th Street, will be closed on Parade Day, beginning at 5 p.m. until approximately 10 p.m.
Handicap parking is available at the city hall parking garage, located at 9500 West Sample Road. Access from University Drive by turning west on NW 31st Court and then north on NW 94th Avenue. A handicap parking decal is required, and seating will be available at city hall’s viewing area.
If you or your organization would like to be in this year’s parade, go to Holiday Parade for more information. In case of rain, the parade will be held on Thursday, December 13.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway