By: Sharon Aron Baron
Be prepared for a chance of snow when downtown Coral Springs is transformed into a winter wonderland.
Macy’s and Make-A-Wish have joined forces with Coral Springs for the annual Believe campaign, giving the gift of joy to children with critical illnesses. This year, the honorary guest of honor is Coral Springs resident, Brandon, and his family. Brandon, who has a hereditary blood disorder, had his wish come true this summer when he got the dog of his dreams – an English Cream Golden Retriever named Cooper Lyric. Brandon, accompanied by his canine companion, will lead the event with the annual tree lighting.
A Believe letter writing station will be set up at the event and all attendees are encouraged to write their own letter to Santa, which will be dropped off at one of Macy’s signature red letterboxes. For every letter submitted, $1 is donated to Make-A-Wish, up to $1 million.
In addition, Coral Springs Police will be on-hand collecting new, unwrapped toys for their annual Toy Drive. These toys will be used to brighten the holidays for children who live in the Coral Springs community.
This fun, free event, for families of all ages includes: a formal tree lighting, a visit from Santa and a holiday movie – Polar Express.
Keeping with the theme of the featured movie, kids will have an opportunity to take free train rides and there will be free milk and cookies for them as well. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from the on site food trucks.
The fun holiday event will be held on Saturday, December 1, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the City Hall Great Lawn, located at 9500 West Sample Road. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets. Free parking in the city hall garage.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Chamber Educates Business Community with 1st Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Summit
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch