By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs is committed to honoring local veterans’ sacrifice and service through a newly launched Veterans Recognition program.
Each month, during a city commission meeting, city officials will recognize a resident who served — or currently serves in our nation’s armed forces.
Mayor Scott Brook said that joining the military is a tremendous act of bravery that must be honored throughout a person’s lifetime. It is also important to remember that their service deeply impacts many Veterans despite separating from a military career, even decades later.
“I am humbled and proud to launch this program that honors our military heroes in November, as we commemorate Veteran’s Day. We can never thank and honor our heroes too much,” he said.
Residents and business leaders are encouraged to honor a Coral Springs Veteran for recognition by filling out the form located on the city’s website.
For more information on the program, please call 954-344-1004.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Crime and Arrest Update Through January 12
- News2021.01.19Girl Scouts Receive Funding from Coral Springs Community Chest
- News2021.01.19Coral Springs Police School Resource Officer Arrested for Solicitation of a Minor
- News2021.01.1916th Annual Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Rescheduled