By: Sharon Aron Baron
A 28-year-old Coral Springs man died just before dawn on Monday after driving into a tractor-trailer in Pompano Beach.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Office just after 4 a.m. Monday morning, James Vieira was driving a Nissan Rogue SUV west on West Atlantic Boulevard in the center lane. Driving just ahead him in the same lane was a tractor trailer. For unknown reasons, Vieira crashed into the back of the semi at the 1200 block just west of the intersection.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded and pronounced Vieira dead. The truck driver, Bereket Kiflu, 47, from Ontario remained on scene and was not injured.
Detectives do not believe reckless speed or mechanical malfunction contributed to the collision. Toxicology analyses are pending.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.13U.S. Rep Deutch Calls on Pence to Activate 25th Amendment
- News2021.01.13City Reminds Residents Coral Square Vaccination Site is by Appointment Only
- News2021.01.13Coral Springs Resident Named Board Chair of Children’s Harbor