By Sharon Aron Baron
After a fatal 130 mph street race, a Coral Springs man faces vehicular homicide and child abuse charges after street racing with his five-year-old passenger.
Shortly after noon on Jan. 30, Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives responded to Southwest 10th Street just west of Waterways Boulevard in Deerfield Beach, where a motorcyclist was traveling westbound in the right turn only lane at a high rate of speed. As the roadway curved, he drove off the road and onto the grass. He was ejected from the motorcycle and came to rest against a nearby fence.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported the motorcyclist to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation revealed that two vehicles, including a white Dodge Charger Hellcat, were directly behind the motorcycle in the moments before the crash.
Further investigation determined that the motorcyclist and the Hellcat driver, Steven Gabriel Seneca, 35, of Coral Springs, were engaged in street racing.
During the course of the race, both vehicles drove recklessly as they reached speeds over 130 mph in a 45 mph zone and made aggressive lane changes while maneuvering through traffic.
After the vehicles passed through Southwest 10th Street and Waterways Boulevard’s intersection, the motorcycle driver failed to negotiate the left curve in the roadway and veered off, crashing into a fence.
Detectives also determined that the passenger in the Hellcat was a 5-year-old child.
On Tuesday, Seneca was arrested and booked into the BSO Main Jail on charges of vehicular homicide, child abuse, racing, reckless driving, reckless driving, two counts of causing property damage, speeding, and speeding over 50 mph over the posted speed limit.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.05Mullins Hall COVID-19 Test Site to Close in Coral Springs
- Events2021.05.04Tickets Go on Sale for Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular
- News2021.05.04Volunteers Show Their Appreciation for Teachers at 22 Coral Springs Schools
- Events2021.05.03Coral Springs Honors Heroes in Special Memorial Day Service