City of Coral Springs Oktoberfest 2022
By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs prepares to host its annual Oktoberfest celebration on the Great Lawn of City Hall.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, October 14, as this event promises a day filled with German flair, spirited contests, and family-friendly entertainment.
Held from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., residents and visitors are invited to embrace their inner Bavarian while participating in all the festivities.
The heart and soul of Oktoberfest are undoubtedly the lively contests. Adults ages 21 and above can channel their inner Bavarian athlete in the Beer Stein Race, Beer Stein-Holding Competition, or even a Yodeling Contest. These spirited competitions are sure to add a competitive edge to the festivities.
For families with children, the Kinder Carnival is a must-visit. Kids can engage in many activities, from inflatable axe throwing and strength contests to Skee Ball and German-themed arts and crafts. And if that’s not enough to keep the little ones entertained, a special guest appearance by Rapunzel will surely captivate their imaginations.
Back by popular demand, Dachshund owners are invited to enter their four-legged friends into the annual Oktoberfest Wiener Dog Race. However, participation is limited, so wiener dog owners must register their pups online by Friday, October 6.
- Music by The Swinging Bavarians
- Appearances by King Ludwig
- Keg Tapping
- Kinder Carnival Area
- Lawn Games
- Local vendors
- Authentic Bavarian Fare
You must sign up at the City Tent 30 minutes before the contest begins.
- 5 p.m. – Wiener Dog Dash Race – Register Here
- 6 p.m. – Keg Tapping Ceremony
- 6:30 p.m. – Stein Race (21+)
- 6:45 p.m. – Yodeling
- 8:30 p.m. – Stein Holding (21+)
“Oktoberfest brings together the best of Coral Springs, serving up great fun for all ages, especially those who enjoy a cold beer, great food, and live entertainment,” said Mayor Scott Brook, adding that the fabled King Ludwig of Bavaria and Princess Therese will be in attendance to interact and take photos with guests.
In commemorating the City of Coral Springs’ 60th Anniversary, limited edition Coral Springs merchandise will be available at the event, merging local history with Bavarian traditions.
Oktoberfest is held from 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.Admission and parking are free at City Hall at 9500 W Sample Road, Coral Springs, 33065, View Map.
While entrance is complimentary, the cost of food and drinks is additional.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsDecember 6, 2023Kevin Hart Adds Second Show at Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- EventsDecember 5, 2023Coral Springs Ushers in Holiday Season with Upcoming Market and Parade
- EventsDecember 5, 2023Coral Springs Outspoken Toastmasters Club Holds Weekly Public Speaking Meeting