By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs will reopen parks on April 29 after the city-wide closure due to COVID-19; however, residents must follow extra precautions when visiting them.
For instance, if social distancing is not achievable, only groups that reside in the same household may be within six feet of each other. And staff will take extra precautions to ensure parks are cleaned and sanitized.
Community and neighborhood parks will be opened from 8:00 am to dusk starting Wednesday, April 29, and will be available for limited activities such as walking, jogging, hiking and cycling, nature walks on trails, and quiet enjoyment of the outdoors.
The parks are available for open play, with safe social distancing and groups less than six. All sports field lighting will remain off.
Beginning April 29, the Tennis Center will open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm, and from 8 am to 3 pm on weekends. The tennis courts at Cypress Park will remain closed at this time. Visitors can play singles tennis. Court reservations and payments must be made by phone at 954-344-1840.
Masks must be worn when entering the building to use the restrooms. One guest at a time only. The water fountains will remain off, bring your own water to stay hydrated.
The Senior Center at Sartory Hall, Aquatic Complex, fitness center, playgrounds, outdoor exercise equipment, dog parks, recreation buildings, picnic shelters, gymnasium, and skate park remain closed.
The Mullins Park and Cypress Park pools are also closed. Restrooms will remain closed within the parks.
Got News? Send it to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event