By Jill Fox
Coral Springs Police are asking for help finding a fugitive after his arrest for the sexual assault of a minor.
Last February, Andres Tomas-Juan Florentin, 36, was arrested, and on June 12, he cut off his ankle monitor and fled. A felony warrant for violation of pretrial services was issued, and police are requesting the public’s assistance in locating him and believe he may be hiding in Palm Beach, Broward or Miami-Dade County.
Florentin is 4 foot 11 inches, 170 pounds and, a citizen of Guatemala.
If anyone has information on Florentin’s whereabouts, police ask that they do not approach him due to his violent nature. Contact nearest law enforcement agency or Detective Miller of the Coral Springs Police Department Special Victims Unit at 954-346-1300.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co., a leading full-service public relations firm. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2019.07.22Broward County Public Schools in Coral Springs Receive Awards for Volunteer Programs
- Events2019.07.18North Springs All-Star Team Heads to State Championship
- Crime & Safety2019.06.27Coral Springs Police Search for Fugitive
- Events2019.06.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Class of 1994 Celebrates 25 Years at Upcoming Reunion