By Jill Fox
After a short but fierce battle with cancer, Annette Ames, 50, passed away on May 30, surrounded by her family.
A teacher at Park Trails Elementary School in Parkland for 18 years, Annette made learning fun and brought out the best in everyone, according to Terri Romance, with whom she team-taught for 14 of those years.
Romance said Annette was more than a teacher. They laughed together every day, and it didn’t feel like work because she made it so much fun.
A long-time Coral Springs resident, Annette graduated from Coral Springs High School and married Robert. Together they had three sons: Robbie, Mikey, and Nicholas.
After close to 25 years with the Coral Springs Police Department, Robert had recently retired to care for his wife.
On May 31, the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments paid tribute to Robert’s family as an act of support and condolence for their colleague and close friend.
“Our officers were dealing with this with Rob, and we did it out of respect for the family,” said a representative from the Coral Springs Police Department.
“This is who most police officers are — magnanimous, kind, feeling individuals that take time to reach out to their communities and to make them better,” said Ryann Goldberg, one of Annette’s colleagues at Park Trails.
Parents and teachers shared memories on social media of the days when Mrs. Ames and Mrs. Romance taught their children. The teachers had named their combined class The A-Ro Dog Pound, and 25 of those students graduated fifth-grade on Wednesday.
A gofundme has been set-up by friends to raise money for the family’s tribute to Annette.
Romance said Annette was a friend to everyone, a second mother to all of her students, and a beautiful example of selfless kindness.
“She touched so many lives and gave us wonderful memories of second grade. She will always be in our hearts.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.22Mixed-Use Project Proposed for Former Heron Bay Golf Club
- Events2021.06.14Mah Jongg Players Meet For Summer Fun At Family Bagels in Coral Springs
- News2021.06.01Coral Springs Craft Guild Awards 3 Scholarships to High School Seniors
- News2021.05.27Office Evolution Brings Safe, Affordable, Inspired Workplace to Coral Springs