By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs resident and American Heritage star center is set to continue his football career at Florida Atlantic University.
Still, with one year left of high school football, Colosi is thrilled to be able to find his next school and still enjoy his final year of high school.
“With my decision over, I can now focus on my senior season,” said Colosi. “My commitment to playing colligate football was always a dream of mine since I played with the Coral Springs Chargers.”
Colosi, who lives in Cypress Run in Coral Springs, began playing football at eight years old with the Chargers However, due to weight restrictions, Colosi played a year up. He also competed in Davie and Plantation from ages 10-13.
Colosi started at Westchester Elementary before attending Coral Springs Charter for two years and then transferring to American Heritage in eighth grade. For three of those years, Colosi has played on the varsity football team, helping the Paladins to 27 wins and a State Championship in 2020. He was also nominated as All-American Offwsnive Center to play in the Blue-Grey All-American Game at Raymond Hames Stadium in Tampa.
I am real honored to say : This will be my final High School game. I really appreciate the invite. 💯 https://t.co/w08ZfbJSXc
— Joseph (Joey) Colosi (@ColosiJoey) July 31, 2022
“It is an honor to be chosen out of 6,500 players that tried out for his position,” Colosi added. “I’m excited to play at a large venue like Tampa stadium and on ESPN3. This is a once-of-a-lifetime opportunity.”
After reviving interest from varsity’s Division I football programs, Colosi decided on FAU because he wanted to play locally for friends and families, enjoyed the upgraded facilities, and developed a terrific relationship with the Owls offensive line coach Ed Warriner.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.08.06Coral Springs Charter Goaltender Kelsey Dunne Commits to Play College Soccer
- News2022.08.04Coral Springs Resident Joey Colosi Commits to Play College Football
- Events2022.08.03Coral Glades High School Set to Host Jaguar Expedition For New Students
- News2022.07.29Bad Girls Travel Basketball Team Wins National Championship