By Rachael Nestel
A Coral Springs resident turned business entrepreneur is teaching hands-on mixology classes to clients from all walks of life.
Chelsea Yest, 32, has eight years of bartending experience and was working full-time at TGI Fridays in Plantation before coming up with the idea for her business venture.
According to Yest, a long-term client once asked her if she ever considered starting her own business. She had never thought of it before. However, she surprised herself after brainstorming ideas.
Combining her love of bartending with her joy of meeting new people, she founded Kreative Konfidence, a Black-owned business where locals can learn how to mix cocktails like a pro under the guidance of an industry expert.
A typical two-hour session with Kreative Konfidence entails learning how to mix cocktails from the comfort of clients’ homes or a private establishment.
“Together, we’ll learn how to make specialty cocktails, all while creating lasting memories and tasting outstanding drinks,” Yest said.
Clients can expect her to teach the fundamentals for the first 30 minutes of the session, and afterward, they will become their own bartenders while gaining hands-on experience.
The company’s most popular concoction at events is the Signature Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini. This flavorful cocktail boasts top-shelf vodka, fresh blueberries, lemon-lime juice, simple syrup, and a lemon garnish.
Kreative Konfidence offers several packages to cater to the needs of clients. Participants can choose from private group sessions where they learn to craft expert cocktails under Yest’s supervision or private bartending services for weddings, graduations, baby showers, birthday events, and more.
- Rachael Nestel has lived in Coral Springs for three years. She taught middle school English for over four years and currently works full-time as a Senior Copywriter. Rachael graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and Media Studies from Rutgers University in 2009.
- Events2023.01.31Get Fit Every Ten Minutes at the New SWEAT440 in Coral Springs
- Events2023.01.31Coral Springs Museum of Art Hosts Love-Themed Happy Hour
- Events2023.01.30Unwind and Pamper Yourself: Beyond Nail Lounge Now Open in Coral Springs
- Events2023.01.23J.P. Taravella High School Presents ‘All Shook Up’ Musical Honoring the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll