Coral Springs Residents came out in droves today to cast their ballots on the first day of early voting. The Broward Supervisor of Elections reported that an estimated 28,330 people came out to vote on Saturday.
At the Northwest Regional Library, many people waited in line for three hours before 3 p.m. After that, the wait was over an hour where 2,153 cast their ballots.
It was around 9:30 pm when I spoke to Candidate Dan Daley who said at its highest point, people were backed up almost to the Charter School.
“The turnout was unbelievable. I only saw three or four people say they were coming back during the week when they had more time. Everyone was pretty happy standing in line and seemed excited about voting. Many were talking about how it was their civic duty to be doing what were doing.”
Daley said he didn’t sit down from 6:40 am until about 7:30 p.m. when he left.
So did Daley think he appealed to the voters?
“People were extremely receptive,” he said. “The more people I spoke to, the better it got. I feel confident people were voting for me.”
After asking Daley if he was ready to do it all over again the next day. He laughed and said that he was.
“Please don’t take this personally,” he said, “I’m so beat. I’m already in bed, and I’m going to sleep now.”
The Northwest Regional Library is located at 3151 University Drive, Coral Springs, FL 33071. Don’t forget, early voting is seven days starting Saturday and is open each day from 7 am – 7 pm.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts