By: Sharon Aron Baron
Early voting is over after nine consecutive days, so if you haven’t voted already, Tuesday will be your last chance to cast your ballot.
Precincts are open all over Coral Springs from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. If you forgot where you need to go, then look for it here on the Precinct Finder. Once at your poll, you will need a valid photo identification with signature which includes either a Florida driver’s license or a Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
This year, there are important primary races including congressional, gubernatorial and state. School board and judicial will be decided during this election, unless during a three-way race, a candidate cannot get 51 percent of the vote. At that time, they will face a run-off in the November election.
Don’t forget the Yes/No option on the ballot for a half mil property tax increase from 2019 through 2023 for Broward County Public Schools to fund school resource officers, hire district school security staff and increase compensation to recruit and retain quality teachers.
No photos inside the polling place. A voter may not use their camera at any time in the polling room or talk on the phone. However, they may use their phone while voting to review their sample ballot.
Only registered party voters may vote in some of the elections including state and federal. They will receive a ballot according to their registered party. See sample ballot here. All judicial and school board races are nonpartisan.
Many times a candidate will win by only a few votes so every vote does matter.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.10.27Bites-N-Sips Returns to Coral Springs on Nov. 5
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs