By: Sharon Aron Baron
It’s time for swimming and sports in Coral Springs. Starting Monday, team practice and open play are back at city-run pools — following CDC guidelines.
Cypress Pool will open on June 15, with safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Weather permitting, sessions will be available seven days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.; and 3:00-5:00 p.m. to accommodate 40 people per session.
Face coverings must be worn when checking in, moving about the pool deck and when using the restroom. Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years of age,
Organized Team Permit Guidelines:
- Organized Practices are permitted
- Coaches must wear masks
- NO GAMES – groups caught playing games will be removed from the facility with no refund
Resident Open Play Guidelines:
- Coral Springs Residents only
- Groups of six or less per household
- For passive use only; residents may run/jog, play with a family member, meditate, workout
- No organized instruction allowed (Parent to Child instruction only)
- For availability & reservation of a field, residents must call 954-345-2200
- anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
- The water playground will be limited to 10 children at a time.
- Please adhere to the guidelines and distance markers indicated at the pool or as indicated by the city staff.
On June 5, Broward County issued Emergency Order 20-15, allowing sports leagues to resume practice. Games at this time are prohibited. Due to the recent amount of unauthorized use, all fields are locked.
Effective immediately, all field use requires a permit. This helps ensure field space is made available to Coral Springs residents and recognized leagues first. To purchase a permit, please call the Parks and Recreation Office at 954-345-2200.
Playgrounds, outdoor exercise equipment, picnic shelters, basketball, and volleyball courts remain closed as required by County Emergency Order.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive