By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join area veterans in Coral Springs to honor the men and women who served in the United States Armed Forces and deserve this day in recognition for their service to our country.
Each year the City of Coral Springs partners with the Veterans Coalition to host an annual Veterans Day.
William “Bill” Vasquez, a U.S. Navy veteran, will serve as the event’s guest speaker. Vasquez was a member of the Navy Submarine Force from 1962 to 1970, serving longest aboard the Ballistic Missile Submarine, U.S.S. George Washington Carver (SSBN-656) as a Fire Control Technician (E-5) in the ship’s Missile Control Center.
In addition, Vasquez completed six Cold War deterrent patrols averaging more than 65 days each, submerged in either the North Atlantic or the Mediterranean Sea. Vasquez currently resides in Coral Springs and is one of the founding members of the Veterans Coalition of Coral Springs in 2013.
Coral Springs Mayor Scott Brook, who will provide remarks, said, “Celebrating the sacrifices and accomplishments of the men and women who served our nation in the military is one of the most important ceremonies we host in Coral Springs. It is a privilege and an honor to participate and host every year.”
The Coral Springs Police and Fire Honor Guard will honor the nation’s military members with a wreath-laying and full honors.
The event is being held Friday, November 11, at 10:45 a.m. at Veterans Park, located at 8601 Royal Palm Blvd.
Coral Springs offers year-round opportunities to honor veterans in our community, including commemorative bricks, priority parking at select city venues, and a Hometown Heroes Banner program. Learn more about veteran and military initiatives at www.coralsprings.gov/veterans.
In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to the Coral Springs Gymnasium. Additional information about the ceremony can be found by visiting www.coralsprings.gov/events.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.12.01Broward County School Choice Application Window Now Open for 2023/24
- News2022.11.30Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- Events2022.11.29Prepare for Snow at Coral Springs ‘Downtown in December’ Event
- News2022.11.28Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break