By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Coral Springs woman, who was already on felony probation of child abuse, was arrested again after continuing to abuse her child.
On August 8, Coral Springs Police obtained a statement from the child, whose age was not disclosed in the report, after child protective services advised that the child was being abused.
During an interview, the child explained to a Coral Springs Police officer she got into trouble every two weeks, and that discipline was administered with a belt or an extension cord by her 35-year-old mother, Elda Marseille.
When asked on average of how many times she is struck during discipline, she advised approximately ten times with a belt or extension cord. The child also explained that depending on how angry her mother got determined if she used the belt, the buckle of the belt, or the extension cord.
When police asked the child about the one-inch scar located above her right eye within the hairline of her eyebrow, she said she had made her mother mad, so when she walked in the house, her mother balled up her closed fist and punched her in the face.
Multiple forensic photos were reviewed from 2014 to present, which confirmed the child’s account of the abuse. The child protective team noted over 20 scars on the child’s back. As police reviewed the photos, they observed more than half of the scars to be loop-shaped scars which through their training and experience, can be an indication of abuse.
Marseille is currently on felony probation for child abuse and was arrested on August 9 on charges of aggravated child abuse and violating the terms of her probation.
She is being held without bond at the North Broward Bureau in Pompano Beach.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.02.27Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Celebrates 100th Anniversary of the Women’s Right to Vote
- Events2020.02.26Celebrate Diverse Cultures at Coral Springs’ 2020 WorldFest
- News2020.02.25Official Winners of 3rd Annual ‘Innovate Downtown’ Announced
- Events2020.02.25Annual Relay For Life Wants Participants to Imagine a World Without Cancer