By: Sharon Aron Baron
A pastor living in Coral Springs has been arrested and is accused of kissing and fondling a teen boy.
Maurice Dave Lyn, 44, a pastor of the Deerfield Beach Church of God of Prophecy, at 160 S.E. Second St., was arrested after a video recorded sworn statement was taken from a 15-year-old boy.
According to the police report, on August 6, the teen said his pastor named Maurice Lyn picked him up from his home with a promise to help him get school supplies. Lyn drove the teen to get lunch and then dropped him back at his home located in Coral Springs.
He helped the teen into his mother’s apartment and asked him if anyone else was home. When the teen said he was home alone, Lyn pinned him up against a counter and started kissing him. The teen told police that he froze and the pastor inserted his hand down the front of his clothing and began fondling his penis.
He continued kissing and fondling him, then stopped and advised the teen that he had to leave, but offered to give him a handjob the next time he saw him.
The mother provided a recorded conversation between herself and Lyn. When Lyn was confronted about molesting her son, he told her he was “praying and fasting for forgiveness.”
Lyn was arrested on three lewd and lascivious charges. On Wednesday, Broward Judge Jackie Powell set the bonds at $75,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.05.26Over 100 Coral Springs Restaurants Now Open for Inside Dining or Delivery
- News2020.05.25COVID-19 Cases in Coral Springs from Florida Department of Health May 25
- News2020.05.24Impressive List of 2020 Candidates Running for Office in Coral Springs –So Far
- News2020.05.22COVID-19 Cases in Coral Springs from Florida Department of Health May 22