By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health Coral Springs really has a heart for their patients after expanding its cardiacs program with a state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab.
This new lab, which includes four pre-and-post-procedure patient care bays and is equipped with the latest patient monitoring technology, is part of the hospital’s initiative to provide patients with advanced and critical life-saving cardiac procedures close to home.
When it comes to heart care, time is of the essence. Having a cardiac catheterization lab in the community allows physicians to quickly determine the next steps in treatment.
“Combined with Broward Health physicians’ clinical expertise, this new lab is a great example of our commitment to enhance services for our growing community in Broward’s northwest corridor,” said Jared Smith, CEO of Broward Health Coral Springs, who added the cardiac catheterization lab performs a variety of diagnostic tests associated with cardiac and vascular diseases.
Smith said that from screening and diagnosing, to treating cardiovascular disease, the center’s goal is to improve the overall health of the community, particularly as patients will be treated closer to home.
Broward Health Coral Springs anticipates meeting STEMI (ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction) criteria in 2021 so that the most acute heart attack patients will be able to receive critical interventional care.
The new cath lab is the latest capital improvement made in cardiac care at Broward Health. The health system has a 50-plus-year history in advanced cardiac care, dating back to the 1960s when Broward Health opened the first follow-up pacemaker clinic in the country. In the 1970s, the first cardiac cath lab and open heart surgery took place at Broward Health.
The healthcare system has been distinguished as one of the nation’s top centers for cardiovascular treatment and provides comprehensive clinical, surgical, and rehabilitative care.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video